Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I am a teacher with 33 years experience in public education. The purpose of this web log is to critically examine the present state of education in our great country and, particularly, in Texas.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The loss of wonder in school

As we all know there has been an enormous controversy regarding the teaching of evolution in schools. I think one, among many, of the things that bothers me with the secular fold is the loss of wonder. I am a Christian. But, I don't have a problem with evolution because I believe that God did it all. I also see the holes in evolutionary theory. I think I found an article today that puts it better than I could ever hope to do. The article is The Death of Wonder by Rabbi Nathan Lopez Cardozo

1 Comments:

Blogger The One and Only said...

Hey John. I am a teacher as well and also a Christian - Catholic. I believe it is important that we teach our students about evolution. My perspective is that we need to prepare the kids for the society that they live in by making them aware of the issues that exist and to teach them how to think for themselves so that they can gather information, analyze it, and come up with their own thoughts, ideas, and conclusions. Just my 0.02 cents!

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home